We need to find out the root cause of anger by doing introspection. There can be many reasons for getting angry. Ignorance, protection of ego, difference of revolutions of mind (grasping power) could be the root causes of anger.
Σάκης Ρουβάς - Εγώ Στα Έλεγα (Official Video Clip)
Conflicts occur in marriage because we are unable to accept our partner the way she or he is because there are two different egos, mindsets, and beliefs at work. How can we create harmony in married life?
What is ego? And, how is it related to the bondage of our karmas? In order to know answers to these questions, click on the following video link
Ego is not to be removed; egoism is to be removed. Ego means I - referred to as existence I am. Check the following video to understand various forms of egoism and how to attain freedom from it.
Dada often addressed children as 'glass' which has to be handled carefully. In the video Niruma explains reasons behind it and how can we handle children lovingly without hurting their egos.
All along the day, based on our understanding and belief we categorise things as good or bad. We like if the situation is favourable to us and get angry if it happens against our wishes. What do you think is the chief reason behind this? As per Mother Niruma, EGO is the main cause of all such problems.
Each day in our life, we come across many people and find ourselves in different situations which can either be favourable or unfavourable to us. Not everyone whom we meet shares same thoughts and ideas like us. How do we deal in such situations? How can be solve the problem without any ill feelings towards everyone? To deal with such situations, Dadashri has gives us the key of 'Adjust Everywhere'.
क्रोध करना हितकारी नहीं है। माता, पिता, और गुरु बच्चे पर क्रोध कर सकते हैं क्यों की उनका हेतु अपने बच्चे का हित होता है। क्रोध के बदले प्रेम से व्यव्हार करने से सामने वाला व्यक्ति आपके साथ बंधा जाता है। क्रोध वाला व्यव्हार ज्यादा वक्त तक नहीं टिकता। जब बच्चे बड़े हो जाते हैं तब उनके अहंकार को ठेस पहुँचती है इसलिए प्रेम से व्यव्हार करना उत्तम है।
The intellect shows the faults of others and by doing so the ego is satisfied. One must see one's own faults or mistakes. Right intellect will see one's own faults and will settle down. Seeing others at fault is the reason to bind bad karmas.
Shiva is the epitome of faith for all Hindus. Being the principal deity of Hinduism, the benevolence and faith in him is tremendous. He is believed to be the destroyer of the evil and the transformer as well. However, to please him is very easy and that is why He is also called ‘Bholenath.’ Here is a list of things which Shiva likes the most and which should be offered on Maha Shivratri to appease the Lord.
1. Bael- The bel leaves or the trifoliate is offered to Lord Shiva as it signifies the three eyes and the three spokes of the Lord’s Trishul. It even denotes the three gunas and is believed to be a coolant which is why Shiva loves it the most.
2. Datura- Datura is said to have appeared from the cheat of Lord Shiva when he consumed the poison which had been churned out of the cosmic ocean by the demons and devas in order to spread welfare and peace in the world. Hence, the lord loves this as an offering to himwhich enables one to get rid of his ego, envy, foul language and wicked nature. It makes the offerer fully cleansed of all his sins and enables him to emerge as a pure soul.
3. Bhang- Bhang or the Akhanda flowers in blue, as they generally are known as, intoxicates the mind and is offered to lord Shiva primarily during his puja as it signifies the throat of the Lord which turned blue when he consumed the poison to save the world. Therefore, it is one of the main components of worship for lord Shiva.
4. Banana- The yellow banana fruit is considered extremely auspicious and hence is one of the favourites to Lord Shiva. It is mandatory to have a banana in your list of offerings to Bholenath.
5. Curd- White in colour and a by product of milk, curd is very commonly used in Shiva’s puja as it is very pure in form and even removes avidya.
6. Ghee- Again a pure and holy item, Ghee or clarified butter is obtained from the holy cow which itself is sacred to the Hindus and hence Ghee is offered in Shiva’s puja on Shivratri, and even otherwise, so as to get besto
Ego arises from wrong understanding of who am I. In order to experience true bliss and happiness, it is important to get rid of our ego. But, is it really possible to do so?