The clip patch's speech from Patch Adams (1998) with Robin Williams, Steven Anthony Jones
I wanted to become a doctor so I could serve others...
and because of that I've lost everything...
but I've also gained everything.
I've shared the lives of patients and staff members at the hospital.
I've laughed with them. I've cried with them.
This is what I want to do with my life.
And as God is my witness...
no matter what your decision today, sir...
I will still become the best damn doctor the world has ever seen.
Now you have the ability to prevent me from graduating.
You can keep me from getting the title and the white coat.
But you can't control my spirit, gentlemen.
You can't keep me from learning. You can't keep me from studying.
So you have a choice
you could have me as a professional colleague...
or you can have me as an outspoken outsider, still adamant.
Either way, I'll probably still be viewed as a thorn.
But I promise you one thing.
I am a thorn that will not go away.
Is that all?
I hope not, sir.
We will adjourn briefly.
We all know who the Mario Brothers are but have you ever stepped back and tried looking at those games from a fresh perspective? Like you've never seen or heard of them before? They're bananas! There are armored turtles who stand on their hind legs and steal princesses! There are bullets with FACES! We make a case for Mario's inclusion into a canon of art wider than "Video Game": we think Mario is a piece of surrealist artwork.
New Idea Channel episodes every other Wednesday starting... today! Woohoo!
Let us know what sorts of crazy ideas you have, about this episode and otherwise:
Tweet at us! pbsideachannel (yes, the longest twitter username ever)
Email us! pbsideachannel [at] gmail [dot] com
Hosted by Mike Rugnetta (mikerugnetta)
Made by Kornhaber Brown (www.kornhaberbrown.com)
Thanks to the artists of the work we featured in the Fan Art section! (in order)
Mike Puncekar http://mpuncekar.blogspot.com/
Mario and Luigi by Anthony Jones http://www.robotpencil.org/
Sebastien Harding http://www.7splat.com/
Ted McClung http://living-oxymoron.deviantart.com/
Ryan Wood http://cghub.com/images/view/5209
Fellipe Martins http://nationpoo.blogspot.com/
Winona Nelson http://www.winonanelson.com/
Bob Dob http://www.bobdob.com/
Big Data is a paranoid electronic music project from the Internet, helmed by producer, Alan Wilkis.
"Dangerous (feat. Joywave)" available on iTunes: http://smarturl.it/bigdatadangerous
...and on Spotify: http://spoti.fi/14bXkm8.
● Directed by Brandon LaGanke & John Carlucci of GHOST+COW
● Concept by Alan Wilkis, Brandon LaGanke, & John Carlucci
● Produced by Alan Wilkis & Steve Cozzarelli
● DP: Paul McCarthy
● Editor: Rockland Bazemore
● VFX Supervisor: Dan Bowhers
● Flame Artist: Nicholas deGrazia
● Motion Graphics: David Soto
● Colorist: Sal Malfitano
● Art Direction: Alan Wilkis, Brandon LaGanke, & John Carlucci
● Special Effects & Prosthetics: Anthony Jones
● Assistant Camera: Jovon Outlaw
● Gaffer: Corey Protin
● Styling & Wardrobe: Elena Vazintaris
● Shoe Design: Steve Madden, Ryan Baker, and the SM team
● Hair & Makeup: Rachel Estabrook, Tara Zielenski, Megan Mann
● Craft Services: Lauren Bennett
● Special thanks to our PA's: Justen Van Dyke, Kat Alreja, Al Richard, Steffan Sitka, Alan Wertz, Sebastian Rea, and Connor McVay
● DIT: Michael Cooke
● CC Animation: Jason Shevchuk
● Location Manager: Dion Matthews
● Starring: Lauren Francesca, Nicola Fiore, Amazing Amy, Alexis Oliver, Ben Elledge, Bridget Burke, Cat Emil, Daniel Armbruster, Dave Schlow, David Hoffman, George Ashbrook, Jeremy Coleman, John Verrochi, Lauren Bennett, Matthew Perfetuo, Priyan Naidoo, Ross Goldstein, Ryan Baker, Alan Wilkis
● Special Thanks: Mary Crosse, Steve Madden, Windmill Studios, College Humor, Elias Théroux, Sarah Graalman, Laura Moss, Dipesh Sinha, NY Mayor's Office & The NYPD, The Mill NY, Big Block Films
● Extra special thanks to Bacon-face for looking so gross and yummy, simultaneously