Rapper Kanye West arrested after dust-up with paparazzi
Kayne West Heads to Hawaii Following Arrest, Jessica Simpson: Shacking Up with Tony Romo? Rebecca Romijn Shows Off Growing Baby Bump, Sarah Jessica Parker Walks Son to School, Brooke Hogan's Day Out With Hulk's Girlfriend
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Kanye West and one of his bodyguards were arrested Thursday at Los Angeles International Airport after an altercation with paparazzi in which the rapper allegedly smashed a camera on the floor.
Airport police arrested West and his road manager, Don Crowley, who also serves as a bodyguard, on suspicion of felony vandalism shortly before 8 a.m., LAX spokesman Marshall Lowe said. He said early reports indicated that a camera valued at more than $10,000 was broken.
The incident happened before West and his bodyguard passed a security checkpoint at an airport terminal that houses American Airlines. The pair were scheduled to board a flight to Honolulu, Hawaii, Lowe said.
West's publicist declined to comment Thursday.
The arrest was first reported by TMZ, which posted video showing a man in a gray hooded sweatshirt, identified by the celebrity gossip site as West. The man throws a camera to the ground.
Another man in a red jacket grabs the shooter holding the video camera. The next frames show security intervening.
TMZ reported that it was its videographer who was attacked.
Lowe said police were interviewing witnesses and that West and Crowley will be booked at a Los Angeles Police Department station in Culver City.
West closed the MTV Video Music Awards on Sunday night, which was held at Paramount Studios lot in Hollywood.
The singer has a history of flaring his temper. After not winning any awards at the VMAs in 2007 despite several nominations, West declared he would never return to MTV and yelling at reporters. The year before, he crashed the stage at the MTV Europe Music Awards and unleashed an expletive-filed tirade after his video "Touch The Sky" failed to win an award.
According to Associated Press
an independent account of the event that leads to the arrest of Tian Chua at the Malaysian parliament house on 11 December 2007.
Ok, Heres the story...
It was me(on the right), Ray(on the left), and Conner(recording the video).
We have done this before and nothing bad ever happened. People just slowed down, stopped, laughed and drove off. The worst thing that happened was when a girl drove by, stopped, noticed that nothing was there, and she flipped us off. So, we were on this street and I asked Conner if he had his video camera. He said yeah and I told him to get it out. He took it out. I ran across the street and Ray was on the other side. Conner started video taping and we did the invisible rope trick(there is no rope, it looks like we're holding one). We did it to the first car and it came to a complete stop. We waited for a couple more cars to drive by and then we did it again. So a total of 2 times we did it. Then Conner said that he had to go to the bathroom really bad.(Sorry for the shaking camera);) So Conner ran across the street... We yelled to him that there wasn't a bathroom over there and then he ran back across the street. When he was coming back, a cop saw him. The cop turned on his lights and did a u-turn.(It was sick, it was like a movie the way he drifted around the corner) I told him that he was screwed and then he grabbed his camera, his backpack, and his bike... He atarted RUNNING!!! Lmao. Me and Ray sat there. The got out of the car and told him to stop. Conner road off faster! The cop pulled his gun out of his holster and shot Conner! There was blood everywhere! Jk. lol That was funny though right!?! Ok, so the cop yelled where are you going! Conner turned around, got off his bike, and walked his bike back to the cop. He asked us a lot of questions like our addresses, names, and birthdays... then he looks directly at me and asked..."Have you ever been arrested before?" I freaked out! Lol. He told us to never do it again...(Ill probably do it again... Its to hard not to do it, its fun.) The cop drove off and he started driving toward my house.(I live around the corner from there) I grabbed my bike and road back to my house as fast as I could hoping that he wasn't going to my house. He didn't. I was releaved! lol. I went inside, told my parents and they started laughing. I'm glad my parents were cool about it. After that I rode to Ray's house where Conner and Ray were. They got on Myspace instantly and posted a bulletin about the whole incident. The first thing I said was that " This is going to be one good story." It was all worth it! ;)
During an event in San Francisco Tuesday morning, a protester attempting a citizens arrest tried to smack handcuffs on Karl Rove, but Rove slapped back, and the woman was taken off stage.
1. Tell The Police Officer or Detective that you wish to talk to your Lawyer. Repeat this request to every officer who speaks to you.
2. Identify yourself, if asked. If the incident is related to a motor vehicle, produce your license, registration, and insurance card.
3. Beyond identifying yourself, give no other information. Answer NO other questions. SIGN NOTHING. If you are asked any other questions, reply politely, "I would rather not discuss it.
NOTE: If you are arrested for Drunk Driving in New Jersey, you must give breath samples before you call your Lawyer. You are not required to do field sobriety tests such as walking a straight line.
Remember: Even a fish would not get caught if they kept their mouth closed. [Copyright Alan Marain] OJ remained silent and is playing golf today.
4. Call your lawyer at the first opportunity.
5. Make bail. Borrow money from relatives and friends. You may need money to hire investigators and experts.
6. Bring to your attorney the Complaint and Arrest report if provided.
7. Obtain names, addresses, phone number of your witnesses.
8. Take Photos of arrest location, if applicable. Ex- DWI location of walking straight line.
9. Call Court and confirm location and time of initial appearance. Sometimes courts change date of appearance without telling you. You don't want to waste a trip to the courthouse.
10. Stop taking any illegal drugs. You will be required to take several drug tests.
Consequences of a Criminal Guilty Plea in Superior Court
1. If you plead guilty you will have a criminal record.
2. Before the judge can accept your guilty plea, you will have to stand up in open court and tell the judge what you did that makes you guilty of the particular offense in front of all persons in the courtroom.
3. You can go to jail, pay thousands of dollars in fines, and may be barred from future employment
4. You may not be able to get a job as a teacher, public employee, banking industry, real estate or other state regulated field.
5. On employment applications, you will have to answer yes that you were convicted of a crime.
6. You must pay a $75 Safe Neighborhood Services Fund assessment for each conviction. You must pay a minimum Violent Crimes Compensation Board assessment of $50 ($100 minimum if you are convicted of a crime of violence) for each count to which you plead guilty.
7. If you are being sentenced to probation, you must pay a fee of up to $25 per month for the term of probation.
8. In all drug cases, the statute requires mandatory driver's license suspension. New Jersey does not have a special license to go to work or school.
9. In indictable matters, you will be required to provide a DNA sample, which could be used by law enforcement for the investigation of criminal activity, and pay for the cost of testing.
10. You must pay restitution if the court finds there is a victim who has suffered a loss.
11. If you are a public office holder or employee, you can be required to forfeit your office or job by virtue of your plea of guilty.
12. If you are not a United States citizen or national, you may be deported by virtue of your plea of guilty.
13. You must wait 5-10 years to expunge a first offense. 2C:52-3
14. You lose the presumption against incarceration in future cases. 2C:44-1
ERASE/ EXPUNGEMENT OF ARRESTS AND CONVICTIONS TO AVOID EMBARRASSMENT AND DISCLOSURE BY KENNETH A. VERCAMMEN, ESQ.
If someone has been arrested or even had a private criminal complaint signed against them in the Municipal Court, they have a criminal record, even if the charges were dismissed.
Under NJSA 2C:52-1 et seq. past criminal arrests and convictions can be expunged/ erased under certain instances. We always recommend individuals hire an attorney to obtain an expungement. The process for all expungements are held in the Superior Court. It takes a minimum of three months for the court to grant the expungement. The requirements are very formal. There can be a waiting period between 6 months up to 10 years after the criminal cases is finished.
When retaining the attorney, obtain a "certified disposition" of the court's decision, from the Court itself. Court costs and Legal fees for expungement range from $1,500- $2,500.
Thousands of citizens over the past 30 years have been arrested for criminal, disorderly, and municipal ordinance offenses. The courts and police must keep a record of all arrests and convictions, even if 30 years old. These "secrets of the past" could be open to anyone including credit agencies. Under one proposal, for a $15.00 fee, someone could ask the state police for a person's criminal record, even arrests with not guilty findings. Allowing access to a person's old criminal conviction or arrest record could open the door for discrimination or job loss against someone who now is a productive, respected, and law abiding citizen. Many employers often do a criminal background check on new and promoted employees. Fortunately, if you are a law abiding citizen, you can now have old arrests or most convictions erased from public records and police folders. Under NJSA 2C:52-1 et seq. past criminal arrests and convictions can be expunged/ erased under certain instances.
Kenneth Vercammen is a Litigation Attorney in Edison, NJ, approximately 17 miles north of Princeton.
He often lectures for the American Bar Association and New Jersey State Bar Association on personal injury, criminal / municipal court law and practices to improve service to clients. He has published 125 articles in national and New Jersey publications on municipal court and litigation topics. He has served as a Special Acting Prosecutor in seven different cities and towns in New Jersey and also successfully defended hundreds of individuals facing Municipal Court and Criminal Court charges.
In his private practice, he has devoted a substantial portion of his professional time to the preparation and trial of litigated matters. He has appeared in Courts throughout New Jersey several times each week on many personal injury matters, Municipal Court trials, arbitration hearings and contested administrative law hearings. He is the Editor of website www.njlaws****, of to the countrys top legal websites providing information on Personal Injury, Criminal, Traffic, Wills, Probate & Estate Law
Kenneth Vercammen was the 2008 Municipal Court Attorney of the Year.
After a Cop is pulled ove rand issued a ticket hes arrested for fleeing the scene,
This a TV program which was telecasted in CNN-IBN "Delhi moves to save men from fake dowry cases", a similar program on NDTV can be seen here: are now 4 police circulars(3 in delhi and 1 in hyderabad) and one High court(Chennai) order which is on similar lines, and which insists that the Police do not arrest innocent husbands and their relatives on mere false complaints(alleging cruelty and harassment) by their vexatious wives, for oblique motives(money, control, vengeance, etc). These directives insist on an investigation before any arrests(this would be sounding ridiculous to many readers of non-Indian origin, but this is a fact of life for many Indians living in India and also abroad!)
See the details in this post:
Kanye West gets arrested and is the official Baddest Turkey of the Month. Watch AuGie DawG aka Augie CaSh break down this Hip Hop Report!!! Yo Kanye West, Get it 2gether Hommie!!!
Here are some discount codes 4 your shopping:
Brookstone****: use promo code "SHOWHOP" for 10% off your purchase.
Budget****: type is the url, "www.budget****/shorts" and get 10% off your car rental and $30 off weekly rentals.
Footlocker****: use promo code "TheDiva1" at check out for 15% off your purchase.
Eastbay****: use promo code TheDiva2" for 20% off your purchase.
Godaddy****: use promo code "CHH3" for 30% off all new **** registrations and renewals. Or use "CHH1" for 10% off any other registrations and renewals.
MuCh luv 2 you all!!!!
Full details here: Various elements of the Rod Blagojevich arrest today are unavoidably humorous -- whether it is his completely cynical approach to politics, the idea that he was even considering a possible run for President in 2016, his wife's
Jessah slams OJ for getting arrested and sentenced to prison time, something that should have happened a long time ago.
Gossip Girls Daily TV News Update with NBC. Celebrity Gossip and Entertainment News. While many of our favorite celebrities will be earning big bucks by hosting New Year’s Eve parties in high-profile clubs, Miley Cyrus is taking a different route. Charles Barkley Gets Arrested and More From www.GossipGirls****.
*******oaklandfocus.blogspot****/2009/01/bart-officer-johannes-mehserle-arrested.html - In a shocking turn of events, BART Officer Johannes Mehserle, who was the cop who shot 22-year-old Oscar Grant in the back was arrested Tuesday night.
The former Bay Area Rapid Transit police officer who fatally shot an unarmed man on New Year's Day was arrested in Nevada Tuesday evening on a homicide charge. Johannes Mehserle was arrested about 6:20 p.m. by sheriff's deputies.