By Brad Miska
GRILLED OR BAKED SEA BASS WITH SWEETCORN & CHERRY TOMATO SALSA
Salsas are all the rage at the moment, here is a twist using roasted sweetcorn, flavoured with lime and coriander. Perfect with sea bass.
Preparation time: - 15 minutes.
Cooking time: - 15 minutes in total.
4 sea bass, whole, defrosted
6 tbsp olive oil
2 whole fresh sweetcorn
2 tsp fresh red chilli, finely chopped
½ red onion, finely chopped
12 cherry tomatoes, quartered
2 fresh limes
2 pinches granulated sugar
3-4 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
1. Pre heat the grill or oven to a high setting.
2. Place the sea bass on a chopping board and slash across the fish in a diagonal fashion.
3. Carefully cut the sweetcorn in half.
4. Stand the corn on the cut end and shave off the ears with a sharp knife. Do the same to the other three pieces.
5. Meanwhile, place 2 tbsp of olive oil into a wok or frying pan.
6. Add the ears of sweetcorn and the chilli then sauté quickly over a high heat until they take a little colour.
7. Once cooked, spoon into a bowl and cool slightly.
8. To the sweetcorn, add the chopped red onion, cherry tomatoes, and juice from 2 large fresh limes.
9. Add a little salt and pepper, sugar then mix well, finally add the chopped coriander.
10. Spoon the last 4 tbsp of oil over the 4 sea bass and season well with salt and pepper.
11. Place onto a baking sheet or tray and pop under the grill or in the oven.
12. Cook for 10-12 minutes or until lightly cooked.
13. Serve the bass whole spooning over the salsa.
Copyright Phil Vickery July 2008