People have been asking about me and my background. Please allow me to introduce myself with this IntroDougtion to Doug.
Doug Jones, the Founder and Creator of TheBestWayToExercise****, has used his professional expertise, as well as the experience gained through his personal health and fitness challenges, to design a membership-based fitness "one stop shop" that allow each member to get the most effective training results in the least amount of time. Doug founded Stand Firm Fitness in 1994 to provide in-home personal training.
In response to growing demand for his services, he gradually grew from his garage, to a 1,000 SF training studio, to 2,000 SF, then finally to its current nearly 18,000 SF facility in Wilton, CT, becoming one of the largest personal fitness centers in the Northeast. Today, with his online presence, all members benefit from Doug's extensive qualifications and experience. Individualized one-on-one personal training sessions with Doug are available on a limited basis, starting at the rate of $500/hr.
For additional information regarding Doug's availability for
seminars, promotions, endorsements, or consulting, please
contact him directly at: DougTheBestWayToExercise****
* Master's Degree in Exercise Physiology & Kinesiology, Full Academic Scholarship, University of Maryland
* Bachelor's Degree in Physical Education, Summa Cum Laude, GPA: 3.989, SUNY at Cortland
* Founder and Producer of "Healthy IntroDougtions to Strength Training" DVD Series
* Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist, National Strength and Conditioning Association
* Author of "Permanent Weight Control," "Stand Firm," & "Shaping Up with Doug Jones"
* Former Director of Fitness, Wilton YMCA
* Former Director of Fitness, Washington Hilton, Washington, D.C.
* Instructor of Exercise Physiology at Undergraduate & Graduate Levels
* Producer of Several Instructional Exercise Testing Videos
* Life Member, National Registry of Who's Who
* Member of Wilton and US Chamber of Commerce
* MENSA Member (and an "Eccentric Genius" at that)