Historic Easton, Maryland From: annapolislandscape.tv June 28, 2010 Easton was established in 1710 by the Assembly of the Province of Mary land as the site for a new court house to serve The pre-Revolution population of sea merchants and farmers.
Today, Easton, Mary land, has been honored as "the 8th Best Small Town in America" and is an arts and cultural center with a population of over 14,000
With access to large metropolitan areas like Baltimore, Annapolis, Wash ington, and Wilmington it is a vibrant yet quiet town with
• Casual and gourmet dining;
• Victorian Bed and Breakfasts
• The ever popular Annual Waterfowl Arts Festival
• shopping for all budgets from collectibles to fine antiques;
• eclectic art galleries;
• live entertainment at the Historic Avalon Theatre and 2 nightclubs
• numerous public golf courses and parks
• the splendid Chesapeake Bay and its tributaries for sailing, canoeing, kayaking, and crabbing;
• and the historic Town Center with Colonial and Victorian architecture;
Plan a trip Easton, you sure to enjoy it.