By Leo Sutton
By Better TV
WIN a Riverford Cook Book by entering the competition here: http://www.riverford.co.uk/pages/cookbook/
• 3 tablespoons sunflower oil
• 2 shallots or 1 onion, finely chopped
• 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
• 1 chilli, finely chopped
• 600g Brussels sprouts, finely shredded
• 4cm piece of fresh ginger, cut into very fine strips
• 4cm piece of crystallised stem ginger, cut into very fine strips
Heat your oil in a wok over a full flame until it just begins to give off a haze.
Throw in your finely chopped shallots (or onion), chili and garlic.
Stir fry for a couple of minutes.
Before anything is browned toss in the sprouts and fresh stemmed ginger.
Stir constantly over a high heat for a couple of minutes.
When you've done this add 3 tblspns of water and cover the wok, letting the sprouts steam for about 3 minutes.
Season to your taste and serve.