http://www.REIClub.com – Are Real Estate Investing Courses Necessary To Be Successful As a Real Estate Investor? Here's How You Can Decide If A Real Estate Investing Course Is Right For You.
Hi, this is Frank Chen with REIClub.com, the only site you need as a real estate investor. Today I’ve got quick video on Real Estate Investing Courses and if you need them.
I always get asked if “this” course or “that” course is good, and its hard for me to give an accurate answer because the course is only 50% of the equation, YOU are the other 50%. First step...
- How much time do you have?
- How are you with reading books? Taking notes? Application?
- Have you attended any real estate investment clubs / meetings?
- Have you explored other ways to learn the real estate business?
- What kind of results are you expecting? Are you looking to get rich quick?
BENEFITS TO REAL ESTATE HOME STUDY COURSES:
- Great way to start, most have 90% of what you need to get out there and do deals
- Usually pretty informative for beginners/intermediate investors - 1-10 Deals
- Topic Specific - focused
- Watch recorded LIVE events without sitting through them
- Includes resources - forms, documents, marketing material, cds, dvds, software
- Email access to authors
- Support - email, 1-800, weekly calls
- Sometimes can be pretty basic
- Won’t tell you everything you need to know step-by-step
- Learning methods may not fit your style of learning
- Quality of every course varies
- Pricey compared to retail books
- Overwhelming - 200 page manuals
- Risk of becoming “professional student” – must apply info
QUALIFYING REAL ESTATE INVESTMENT COURSES:
- Read reviews online - be sure they are not produced by the retailer, but by previous consumers
- Test it out - money back guarantee period - biggest problem = people don’t open it
- What kind of support are they offering?
COSTS FOR REAL ESTATE EDUCATIONAL MATERIAL:
- costs can vary - typically $700 - $1000, some as low as $300
- 1-payment, 2-payment (premium), rare to see 3-4 payment options (premium)
A course won’t do a deal for you, so don’t get stuck spending all your time analyzing every detail. If you are new to the business or have a few deals under your belt these types of courses are more beneficial to you. If you are seasoned, or experienced real estate investor (20+ deals), and looking for those special niche strategies, you might be able to pull a few helpful tips out here and there, but its not always guaranteed. So be aware of that.
Again, this is Frank Chen with REIClub.com. Please take the time to leave your comments for this video below. Take care and good investing.