The clip discussing-mitchs-physique from A Streetcar Named Desire (1951) with Karl Malden, Vivien Leigh. Po...
The clip discussing-mitchs-physique from A Streetcar Named Desire (1951) with Karl Malden, Vivien Leigh. Powered by: Anyclip. any moment from any film.
Well, come on, let's finish our nightcap.
You've been so anxious and solemn all evening.
We've both been anxious and solemn.
And now for these last few remaining moments of our lives together...
...I want to create joie de vivre.
I'm lighting this candle.
We're going to be very bohemian.
We are gonna pretend we're sitting in an artists' cafe on the Left Bank in Paris.
- Understand French? - No, no, I don't understand French.
Oh. Well, why don't you sit down. Take off your coat. Loosen your collar.
- No, I better leave it on. - No. I want you to be comfortable.
No, I'm ashamed of the way I perspire. My shirt is sticking to me.
Perspiration is healthy. If people didn't perspire, they would die in five minutes.
Oh, this is a nice coat. What...?
- What material is it? - They call this stuff alpaca.
- Oh, alpaca. - It's very lightweight alpaca.
- Oh, lightweight alpaca. - Yes.
I don't like to wear a watch coat even in the summer because I sweat through it.
And it don't look neat on me.
A man with a heavy build is careful of what he wears so he don't look clumsy.
- Why, you're not too heavy. - You don't think I am?
You're not the delicate type.
You have a massive bone structure and a very imposing physique.
I thank you.
At Christmas, I was given a membership to the New Orleans Sports Club.
- Oh, good. - It's the finest present I was ever given.
I work out there with the weights and I swim. I keep myself fit.
When I started there I was soft in the belly, but now my belly is hard.
It's so hard now a man can punch me in the belly and it don't hurt me.
Punch me. Go ahead. Go on. Punch.
- Gracious. - Heh, heh. See?
Guess how much I weigh?