I disabled commenting because people kept [rudely]criticizing my list.
FYI: 1. I know the difference between trans and les.. 2: Yes, Chloe is a "lesbian" themed movie, whether you think so or not... 3: Yes, Tipping the Velvet and Fingersmith are amazing BUT aren't 1 part movies; hence the reason why i didn't include them.
I shouldn't have to explain anything to anyone, but, there you go.
JUST MISSED THE LIST: The World Unseen , Itty Bitty Titty Comitee . Elena Undone , Drool, Gray Matters, My Summer Of Love, Nina's Heavenly Delights.
(Recommendation) Chica Busca Chica (Girls seek Girls) is a really good, fast paced, lesbian mini series. It's in spanish, but you can find subtitled versions on youtube. :)
10. LOVING ANNABELLE - Good movie & Love story, not the best ending. But, good nonetheless. Erin Kelly is sexy as hell.
9. LOST AND DELIRIOUS - great love story too....Although, It was kind of frustrating at a certain point of the movie to see what was happening to the characters. Prepare to get a little depressed.
8. I CAN'T THINK STRAIGHT - I feel like i should have put this in the top 5. This movie is incredible in my opinion. It pulls an extra hearts string for me because I am actually an Arab Lesbian. Lisa Ray and Sheetal Sheth are gorgeous.
7. IF THESE WALLS COULD TALK 2 - This was a good movie. It makes you think a little bit; The 70's bit was the best (imo) with Chloe Sevigny and Michelle Williams.
6. BUT I'M A CHEERLEADER - This movie was sweet & hilarious! Great satirical comedy. Clea Duvall & Natasha Lyonne make a really cute couple. Jamie Babbit is def. one of my favorite directors.
5. CHLOE - Not your typical "lesbian' movie. It is based more around obsession than love. it gets a little psycho....But any film where Amanda Seyfried is naked is my kind of film haha
4. BOUND - Unique story line & a sexy cast. Bound is really more than just a lesbian movie which makes it so cool! It's like Goodfellas meets Imagine Me & You. Awesome movie that keeps you on the edge of your seat. Great chemistry between Gina Gershon and Jennifer Tilly.
3. IMAGINE ME & YOU - This movie is incredible (imo). I've seen it many, many times and I never get bored of it. The story line is pretty original and the movie is sweet. Another movie with a sexy cast. But if you are looking for a movie with hot, steamy love scenes, this isn't the movie for you.
2. WHEN NIGHT IS FALLING - One thing I can say about this movie is that is was so beautifully made. The way it was shot and everything just adds on to the the greatness of the story itself. Another cool thing is that is a bi-racial love story; I don't see many of those. When the movie first started I didn't think that the actresses were very attractive. But honestly, they grow on you. This movie is the full package. A must see!
1. BOYS DON'T CRY - (OKAY, SO SOME PEOPLE MIGHT HATE ME FOR CALLING THIS A 'LESBIAN' MOVIE.... but oh well, my brother is a transguy--- and he said it would be fair to include this.)
This is seriously one of the most underrated love stories ever! Fuck Romeo & Juliet, fuck Jack & Rose, its all about Lana & Brandon. This movie is great.... Well made and Chloe Sevigny is always gorgeous. Although, if you want a feel-good love story--- This movie isn't for you. it's based on a true story... Prepare to be depressed.