Uploaded on July 11, 2010 by ijaza83 Powered by YouTube
READ INSTRUCTIONS HERE:
I don't know if this will help. But i had the same error "generic network failure" after only having my HTC desire for couple weeks. I am on o2 sim simplicity while purchasing the handset separately and unlocking it.
However, i resolved it by manually setting up the WEB & MMS. As it seems that service providers such as O2 message that can be sent out to handsets do not aid in setting up the MMS therefore after manually setting it...it worked for me and may work for you.
HERE WE GO...
Please ensure that when entering O2 into the settings that the letter O is selected and not a zero.
When entering the following information do not press Save until told to in the instructions.
1. Press the Menu key
2. Tap Settings
3. Tap Wireless & networks
4. Tap Mobile networks
5. Tap Access Point Names
6. Press the Menu key
7. Tap New APN
8. Tap Name then tap the text box and enter O2 Pay Monthly MMS then tap OK
9. Tap APN then tap the text box and enter wap.o2.co.uk then tap OK
10. Tap Proxy then tap the text box and enter 126.96.36.199 then tap OK
11. Tap Port then tap the text box and enter 8080 then tap OK
12. Tap Username then tap the text box and enter o2wap then tap OK
13. Tap Password then tap the text box and enter password then tap OK
14. Skip past Server as this is preset as Not set
15. Tap MMSC then tap the text box and enter http://mmsc.mms.o2.co.uk:8002 then tap OK
16. Tap MMS proxy then tap the text box and enter 188.8.131.52 then tap OK
17. Tap MMS port then tap the text box and enter 8080 then tap OK
18. Tap MCC then tap the text box and enter 234 then tap OK
19. Tap MNC then tap the text box and enter 10 then tap OK
20. Press the Menu key
21. Tap Save
22. Tap your new account so a green dot appears next to it
23. Press the Back key four times to return to the standby screen..
Switch your handset off then on again and ensure that mobile network is ticked (menu, settings, wireless&networks)
You should now have mobile internet and MMS capabilities
Just remember that these are the settings that worked for me on my HTC Desire unlocked and used with a O2 Simplicity card with a unlimited web bolt on. Make sure you have a data package otherwise your phone bills will be massive! If in doubt check with O2 to make sure your not being charged for the data etc. I cannot be held responsible! :)
MY FIRST HTC AND LOVING IT.....
Science & Tech