Uploaded on July 27, 2012 by WorldLego Powered by YouTube
I found this large LEGO bag at Goodwill (a thrift store in the USA) for just $5. A nice find, well worth the price. Found some nice LEGO Star Wars Minifigures and assorted LEGO pieces.
Lego is a line of construction toys manufactured by the Lego Group, a privately held company based in Billund, Denmark. They operate a number of LEGO Stores throughout the world.
Over the years, Lego has licensed themes from several cartoon and film franchises. These include Avatar: The Last Airbender, Batman, Ben 10, Cars, Harry Potter, Indiana Jones, Pirates of the Caribbean, Prince of Persia, Speed Racer, Spider-Man, SpongeBob SquarePants, Star Wars, Duplo, Thomas the Tank Engine, and Toy Story.
Although some of the licensed themes, such as "Lego Star Wars" and "Lego Indiana Jones", Captain America, Hulk, Thor, Avengers, Iron Man, "LEGO City", Ninjago, Lego "Lord of the Rings", super Heroes, Batamn, Superman, Joker, Monster Fighters, Bionicle, Hero Factory, and others have had highly successful sales, Lego has expressed a desire to rely more upon their own characters and classic themes, and less upon licensed themes related to movie releases.
Lego has branched out into the videogames market with a number of titles, including Lego Star Wars: The Video Game, Lego Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy, Bionicle: The Game Bionicle Heroes as well as the Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga and Lego Indiana Jones, a Lego Batman, Lego Battles and the Lego Universe MMOG. Lego Harry Potter: Years 1--4 was released in June 2010, and Lego Rock Band was released in autumn[when?] of 2009. Another game announced is Lego Indiana Jones 2: The Adventure Continues including Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull and total remakes of the other movie's levels was released in 2009. More Lego video games are Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars, based on the first and second seasons of The Clone Wars and "Lego Battles: Ninjago" based on the short video clips on the website. The newest addition to the LEGO video game series is Lego Pirates of the Caribbean: The Video Game, where you can play all four movies including Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides.
Lego Digital Designer is an official piece of Lego software for Mac OS X and Windows which allows users to build with Lego bricks on their computers. Users can then publish their creations online on the Lego Design by Me website, or purchase the physical bricks to build them. Lego Digital Designer includes some Lego products which only exist online, including models for the children's television programs TUGS, Thomas and Friends and Speed Racer.
Merlin Entertainments operates five Legoland amusement parks, the original in Billund, Denmark, the second in Windsor, England, the third in Günzburg, Germany, the fourth in Carlsbad, California, and the fifth in Winter Haven, Florida. On 13 July 2005, the control of 70% of the Legoland parks was sold for $460 million to the Blackstone Group of New York while the remaining 30% is still held by Lego Group. There are also four Legoland Discovery Centers, two in Germany (Duisburg and Berlin), one in Chicago, Illinois, and one in Manchester, UK. Two new Legoland Discovery Centers are scheduled to open in 2011: one in Dallas, Texas. Another will open in Kansas City in 2012.