Uploaded on March 06, 2012 by SupercarHall Powered by YouTube
Ford Focus 1.0-litre EcoBoost; the Most Fuel Efficient Petrol-Powered Ford Ever
• Focus 1.0-litre EcoBoost model is Ford's most efficient petrol vehicle ever and delivers best-in-class fuel economy and lowest CO2 emissions against rivals
• The 1.0-litre EcoBoost 100PS version delivers 4.8l/100km (58.9mpg)* and CO2 emissions of 109g/km. The 125PS model returns 5.0l/100km (56.5mpg) with CO2 emissions of 114g/km
• Ford's ECOnetic Technology badging underlines Focus 1.0-litre EcoBoost credentials as market-leading for fuel economy
GENEVA, March 5, 2012-- The new Focus 1.0-litre EcoBoost, on show at the Geneva Motor Show today, showcases the introduction of Ford's most fuel efficient petrol-engine vehicle ever.
The 100PS- and 125PS-powered Focus cars offer class-leading fuel economy of 4.8l/100km (58.9mpg) and CO2 emissions of 109g/km and 5.0l/100km (56.5mpg) with CO2 of 114g/km, respectively.
The 1.0-litre EcoBoost uses turbocharging and direct fuel injection to extract impressive levels of power and fuel efficiency from its three-cylinder engine block, which is so small it can fit on a sheet of A4 paper. This combination of power and low CO2 emissions is unmatched by competitors in its segment.
The engine's high torque of 170Nm between 1,400rpm and 4,500rpm (or between 1,400rpm and 4,000rpm in 100PS version) supports a fuel efficient driving style and delivers a good performance feel and diesel-like torque experience. The 1.0-litre EcoBoost engine also will be offered in the C-MAX and all-new B-MAX this year, with other models to follow.
"Developing an engine this small and fuel efficient which still delivers good power and driving fun in a Focus-sized car would have seemed impossible just a few years ago," said Ford of Europe CEO and chairman, Stephen Odell.
The Focus 1.0-litre EcoBoost will join the 1.6-litre EcoBoost petrol and 1.6-litre TDCi diesel in wearing the ECOnetic Technology badge, recognition reserved for Ford cars that are either leaders or among the very best in their segment in terms of fuel economy.
More than half of new Ford cars sold this year will wear the ECOnetic Technology badge. This is expected to increase to two-thirds in 2013 as more Ford customers benefit from innovative low CO2 ECOnetic technologies.
• Active Grille Shutter, which automatically adjusts the grille to improve aerodynamics
• Smart Regenerative Charging, which helps ensure the battery is kept charged in the most efficient way, in turn reducing the overall amount of fuel used
• Ford Eco Mode, a smart in-car eco-driving coach that rewards efficient driving via instrument cluster graphics
• Gearshift Indicator, which highlights the most fuel-efficient point in the rev range to change gears.
For more information on Ford ECOnetic Technology1 and the 1.0-litre EcoBoost engine2 simply follow the links.
Wheels & Wings