This video shows you one of two ways to install the newest version of cydia on your iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad....
This video shows you one of two ways to install the newest version of cydia on your iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad. (REQUIRES iOS 4.x!!!!) The two options are
1. (Need Safari Download Manger + iFile) Download via Safari Download Manger on iOS device, then install with iFile
2. (Need Computer, Wifi Connection, SSH program, and iFile)Download on computer, copy to device via SSH or some program, and install with iFile
Link for New Cydia: http://apt.saurik.com/cydia/debs/cydia_1.0.3366-1_iphoneos-arm.deb
Here's a list of just some of the improvements:
-reduced loading changes time
-section remapping optimizations
-faster reloading data
-faster, native search
-uses public SDK classes whenever possible
-rewritten, faster web views with zooming support
-changes badge works again
-more stable webviews (no crashes when queueing)
-redesigned settings page
-redesigned stashing page
-faster scrolling of table views
-ads no longer break the package views until restart
-much better queueing UI
-stabler refreshing bar
- modal views that cover only a portion of the screen
- less annoying errors with bad internet connections downloading packages
- updated section mappings, less typo'd sections
Overall, there are not many MAJOR changes in the latest cydia but it does include /very/ welcoming speed + stability imporvements. The most noticable UI changes are the main loading screen, the transition to the installer screen, the loading changes screen, and the new continue queuing button.
Thanks For Watching!
Follow Me On Twitter AppOSX
Spread the news about AppOSX!