Visit *******classof1****/homework-help/statistics-homework-help/ for customized academic assistance in Statistics.
Ways to Overcome the Autocorrelation Problem :
Often the reason autocorrelation occurs in regression analyses is that one or more important predictor variables have been left out of the analysis. For example, suppose a researcher develops a regression forecasting model that attempts to predict sales of new homes by sales of used homes over some period of time. Such a model might contain significant autocorrelation.
*******SupremeMasterTV**** – PLANET EARTH: OUR LOVING HOME The Devastating Effects of a Pig Factory Farm - P1/2. Episode: 1301, Air Date: 7 April 2010
Contraction is a shortened form of a word from which one or more letters have been omitted. The apostrophe is used in writing contractions. In standard English, this generally happens only with a small number of conventional items. While largely acceptable in speech, contractions are too informal and should not be used in academic writing.
Proper readability is a significant factor that contributes to the overall perception and acceptance of your thoughts and arguments. Please, remember these golden rules of readability that apply irrespective of the type of your paper
Being concise is to write exactly what you have to, avoiding redundancy. Do not waffle, do not be evasive. In formal writing it is a sign of a good writing style to write as few words as possible to get to the point. It is one of the reasons why instructors impose word limits on written assignments.
A reliable source is written by a reliable author. Such authors cite the sources used in their research to support their arguments and information. On the other hand, sources with no authors (like a number of Internet websites) may not be credible and the information such sources provide may be erroneous.
Grammar and structure of your paper are the two key aspects that make up a grade-A writing. In an attempt not to overlook grammar writers (especially non-native speakers) often underrate the value of a perfect paper structure. Such attitude to your writing is a serious mistake, as only a well-structured paper may be effective and will show that you have properly elaborated your topic.
Though English is not a hard language to learn it is full of subtle peculiarities that gain tremendous gravity when we speak about formal writing. It is therefore quite easy to make a sentence or the whole paper be, as we call it, awkward or sound primitively. Usually, the editors or the quality control team send you a note where they state that the paper reads awkward or you tend to have primitive statements. This means that definite sentences in your paper did not work well. This guide will shed light into the topic of primitivity and awkwardness in writing, and explain what exactly did not go well, and what exactly was awkward.
Awkwardness in writing is a tendency to make your writing confusing and uncomfortable to read. Such awkward sentence or a paper makes the reader guess what exactly did the writer mean, which breaks the integrity of reading and the impression your writing makes. In order to avoid that, the writer should be aware of the following concepts:
The information below applies to the majority of cases, but exceptions are possible. For example, we prompt you to avoid Passive Voice, which though doesn't mean that it cannot be used at all. This is true for the rest of the rules listed below.
Grammar, punctuation, syntax:
• Make only one space after commas, periods, semi-colons and colons.
• Understand the meaning and use of the definite article (the) and the indefinite article (a, an).
• Do not use exclamation marks.
• Do not capitalize common nouns.
• Make sure all verbs agree with their subject in number (singular and plural).
• Make sure all prepositions agree with the verb (in English, most verbs have only one or two prepositions that can be used (results in, not results to).
• Check all spellings.
• Check punctuation: do not leave out any commas.
• Check that all adverbs are in the right place (you cannot put an adverb inside an infinitive verb like this: He tried to neatly write his name.)
• Use a hyphen for compound words such as stress-free.
Want to become a better writer? In this video, I will share 29 and quick tips that will improve writing in formal and academic settings. If you're in college or university or plan to study overseas, this video is for you! Enjoy
This is a video demonstrating how to set up your academic paper in Microsoft Word 2013.
APA In-text citation in minutes
This video is based on the 6th edition of the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association. It explains what do with works by more than one author in the text of your paper and in your Reference List and when to use "et al.".
What you should know about APA formating style, the basic features
MLA Formatting Style
MLA (Modern Language Association) style, which is used to write papers and cite sources within the liberal arts and humanities.
1. In MLA, there has to be a writer’s surname and a page number in the right upper corner of each page. This header has to be flush right.
2. There is no title page in MLA. The paper begins with a section on the left which contains information about the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course number, and the date of the paper. Do not violate this order!
3. This section should be flush left, double-spaced.
4. Begin the title of the paper from the next line.
5. It has to be centered, not underlined, not italicized, not placed in quotation marks (unless you refer to other works in your title such as books, articles, films etc.).
6. The Title Case has to be used for the title.
Watch and learn how to format your works cited page in MLA