* Buying dye and perfume free laundry detergent.
* Buying only all wood furniture to avoid formaldehyde fumes from pressed woods. My son develops headaches and wobbly eyes (nystagmus) whenever he is around pressed wood.
* Buying chemical free soaps for hand washing at the health food store.
* Keeping the windows open in the house during the day, weather permitting. I especially keep the window in his room open to let it vent.
* We moved out many of the plastic and vinyl toys from his room like his Lego collection to reduce his chemical exposures. We keep some stored in boxes in the garage and a smaller set in the family room which has more ventilation.
* Washing his bedding frequently to limit his dust and mold exposure.